Julysoft Geysir ™ Enterprise Search - Helps Your Business Get More Energy From Data!
What Geysir ™ Enterprise Search can do for you?
What is an Enterprise Search?According to Wikipedia, Enterprise Search is the practice of making available for searching the enterprise data to specific users from different sources: network shares, intranets, databases, etc! Geysir is more than Enterprise Search solution! Geysir is by all means an Enterprise Solution, but Geysir also has some "niche" functions, like: older-versions search, backup, remote-access using email, etc! Other than that, its unique architecture allows cheap and fast customisations or extensions on demand!
What Enterprise Search solutions can do for you?
- Reducing time spent by employees retrieving documents
- Improving reusability of electronic information
- Finding people with relevant expertise in the company
- Eliminating duplication of work - often not finding a document involves its re-creation!
- Improved consistency and quality of response to customer and partner requests
- Audit and compliance management
What extra-features Geysir ™ Enterprise Search offers?Geysir has several features not found in other products of type Enterprise Search:
- Remote access to Geysir on "smart-phone" without VPN - only access email / internet
- Backup of deleted documents / old versions / all documents
- Searching in previous versions not only in the last version
- Email alerts when new terms occurs in indexed documents
- Searching similar documents with a given document
- New: Auto Text-Summarization for one or more search results!
- New: Query Based Text-Summarization for one or more search results!
What platforms are supported by Geysir?Geysir it is developed using mainly Microsoft technologies and Microsoft development tools (.NET, C #, Visual Studio, etc.). For the moment Geysir ES is exclusively for Microsoft platforms - Server or Desktop.
The list for supported and tested platforms is:
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2012
Note: The above systems have been tested in our Geysir system test environment. Despite Geysir is likely to be compatible with other versions of Windows, we guarantee that Geysir will work well on the platforms listed above!
Functionalities Geysir ™ Enterprise Search
What data sources are supported by Geysir Enterprise Search?
- Files on disk, network shares, SAMBA shared folders, etc.
- Secure Shell (SSH) / Linux / Unix / Ubuntu Server / McBook
- Web sites - internet or internet
- FTP sites - internet or internet, secure or not
- Email boxes - POP3 - including attachments
- Microsoft SQL Server - documents stored in binary format in SQL
- Microsoft Share Point
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft Outlook/Exchange PST Backup Files
- Local Area Network IP Ranges - Shared Folders
- Hadoop Distributed File Systems
What document formats are supported?
- Microsoft Office Word and Open Office Write documents / document templates
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Microsoft Office Excel and Open Office Calc documents / document templates
- Microsoft Office Power Point and Open Office Impress documents / document templates
- Microsoft Office Visio and Open Office Draw documents / document templates
- Online or offline HTM and HTML documents
- Online (mailboxes) or offline (EML and MSG) email messages
- ZIP, RAR archive formats support
- Audio media formats meta-data support
- Photo media formats meta-data support
- Video media formats meta-data support
- Other text formats
Core functionalities of Geysir ™Geysir implements the following functionalities:
- Indexing and searching a large volume of documents within seconds!
- Web Access User Interface (Internet / Intranet) or "Rich Client"
- Integrated system of restriction / securing user access to Geysir system
Geysir niche functionalities ™Geysir offers some features absent or rare in other Enterprise Search systems, such as:
- Identification of similar documents in several Geysir instances using Julysoft Similarity algorithm for a particular document
- System for remote access to Geysir without VPN - on mobile device / laptop only with internet / email
- Backup of documents - optional
- Search in older versions of the document - keeping all versions of documents modified / deleted
- Important to know: JulySoft can implement very quickly - 1-2 days - on demand - in Geysir support for any electronic data source currently not supported!
License Model of Geysir ™ Enterprise Search
|Parameter Group||Parameter Name||Icon||Free||Trial||Desktop||Desktop Plus||Desktop Extra||Basic||Professional||Enterprise|
|General||Hekla DMS/CRM Module||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|General||Laki Extranet Module||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|General||Max Documents Nb.||1K||2K||5K||10K||20K||20K||100K||unlimited*|
|General||Max Indexers Nb.||1||2||2||6||12||6||12||unlimited*|
|General||Store Document History||-||-||-||-||-|
|General||Security Trimming (ACL)||-||-||-||-||-|
|General||Security Max Users Nb.||0||unlimited*||0||3||6||1||20||unlimited*|
|General||Allow Web UI Connections||-||-||-||-|
|General||Allow Desktop UI Remote Connections||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|General||Allow Mail Geysir*||-||-||-||-||-|
|Indexers||LAN IP-Ranges Shares||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Geysir Default License Parameters Values
Note 1: "Licence Price / Year *" - Price is is EUR - VAT free (VAT will be added on price - depending your residence)
Note 1: "unlimited*" means limited only by software / hardware capacity
Note 2: "Allow Danube*" means federated search using Julysoft SIMILARITY algorithm among multiple Geysir nodes starting from one document - available only in Enterprise
Note 3: "Allow Mail Geysir*" means remote access from outside intranet using EMAIL - available only in DesktopExtra and Enterprise
Note 4: "default*" This extractor extracts many text format extensions (known or by probing)
Note 5: "human*" This extractor is similar with default one - excepting it just gets only human readable text
Note 6: "Outlook PST*" This indexer is capable of searching in a folder containing multiple Outlook Personal Store (PST) files!
Other than above license parameters are quite self-explanatory, but any questions you may have feel free to ask us by email!
How to buy a license for Geysir ™ Enterprise Search?
For more details about the acquisition of Geysir, please contact us!Details at: Tel or Email
Have you decided? Let's continue!If you have decided to invest in a license Geysir you can write us an email at email@example.com indicating what Geysir license you want and what possible new "customizations" you wish to have - if needed! In maximum 24 hours we will respond and we will guide you in every step of the acquisition process for Geysir!
What is the benefit for my organization to acquire Geysir license?The first benefit is increased productivity, less time spent on searching or re-creating documents not found! New employees are easier to accomodate, reduced costs, cheaper IT operations and satisfied customers about your support quickness! Real help in implementing any certification, really useful in any audit scenario!
What Geysir offers more than Operating System Search Functionality?
|GEYSIR ES||OS Search|
|Fast Search (Search within 500GB in under 1 second)||slow search|
|Search various sources of data, not only the current machine||Search only in local folders of current system|
|Has a Web User Interface multiple users access using browser, where they can search within many data sources||Embeded in OS, accesible only by authenticated users on the machine containing data|
|Results have Excerpt (like Web Search Engines - with highlight of query matches), meta-data, search result has relevance associated||Results have no relevance associated, no excerpt, no query highlight|
|We index Files, SharePoint, Internet and Intranet Web sites, FTP sites, Linux machines, SAMBA Shares, SQL Binary Files, Email Boxes, Etc||Index only local disk|
|We have 'security trimming' - specific users can search in specific locations - if desired!||N/A|
|We have Text Summarization - single and multi document summary within search results||N/A|
|Geysir has backup, search within past versions of documents||N/A|
|Geysir offers remote access to search through EMAIL, no VPN required||N/A|
|Geysir offers email alerts when new documents or new versions are added containing specific key-words!||N/A|
|Geysir offers document timeline (history) vizualization, offers SIMILARITY search (as federated-search starting from a given result document)||N/A|
|Compare text of two versions in time of same file||N/A|
|Faceted Search / By File Type / Date / Author / Data Source / Title Keywords, Content Keywords.||N/A|
|Fuzzy Search, Proximity Search, Complex Boolean Queries||N/A|
|Favorite Files, Favourite Queries||N/A|
How much costs one license?You can use for FREE as long as you want - only for internal use, excluding commercial use - Geysir Free - a Limited version, available to download here! You can test a Geysir Trial for FREE up to 14 days before deciding to acquire. Depending on your license choice - Desktop, Desktop Extra, Desktop Plus, Basic, Professional or Enterprise the price can vary from 150 EUR / year up to 4000 EUR / year + VAT. For more detailed price information see Geysir License Model. Note that optional modules - like Hekla DMS/CRM or Laki Extranet may be acquired and licenced only on top of a Geysir Enterprise Licence! Please contact us for more details about optionals prices / licensing!
How can we test the TRIAL before deciding to invest in a year licence?Well, we will give you by email access to a download link + all documentation needed for your IT to install and run the system. There is a Quick Installation Guide in the manual that allows you to install and run Geysir in 1-2 hours time!
We don't have IT dept. nor time to read manual and install Geysir. How can we test it?Good news! Exactely for your situation - but only for Enterprise TRIAL testing we have an option named 'GEYSIR TEST BOX' - that is basically a test machine with a GEYSIR Enterprise TRIAL pre-installed (limited at 14 days) that we can provide you temporary for testing purposes!
So, ZERO time and money costs for testing your Geysir Enterprise TRIAL!
* This option is available only for Bucharest (Romania)!
How much time is needed for implementation?Anywhere from 1 day to 1 week for most projects. For bigger projects 1-3 months!
How much time is needed for training?For final users - 1-2 hours, for administrators can take 1-2 full days.
Is there any free support included in licence?Yes, depending on licence, you may have from 1hour up to 8 hours free support!
Is Julysoft willing to implement customizations?Yes, call us - let's discuss!
Is Julysoft willing to offer us the service of maintenance along with the licence itself?Yes, call us - let's discuss!
Julysoft Katla ™ - Files De-Duplicator and Auto-Organizer
What is Katla?Katla is a tool that prepares data files before implementing Geysir Enterprise Search. Most important - Katla eliminate duplicate files, then is capable to auto-organize messy folders and files by various facets (by freshness, author, title keywords, etc)!
What benefits Katla offers?Well, first of all note this: in our tests (with human generated data/files over 10 years) we got 20-25% of files as duplicates and 10-12% strorage space economy resulted from elimination of those duplicated files. Having duplicated files eliminated, the added value of any Geysir implementation on top of cleansed data with Katla is much greater because indexing and search are faster and search results more relevant. Secondly, data is organized in folders by various facets (example: by year-month) and makes a bulk of files much easier to explore and index.
Is there a Free Version of Katla?Yes, you can download the Free Version here. The Free Version is limited to 1 processor usage and has some random reminder messages that proposes you to get Katla Full Version! Full Version uses all CPUs of the machine and don't have any random reminders, as Free Version!
How performant Katla is? Is running fast?We think so, but let's put some numbers on the table:
Free Version can deduplicate, organize data at around 400 MB / min *
Full Version can deduplicate, organize data at around 1500 MB / min *
* We have tested Katla on average laptop machines having 1 physical CPU and 4 logical cores.
* Test have been done with 1GB, 50GB and 300 GB data sets using external drives (USB 3.0)
* Note: Geysir Free is not really for big data sets but regardless its limitations, it yields same output results as Full Version
How can I get Katla Full Version?Easy - just get any version of Geysir (Geysir Desktop is the cheapest) and Katla Full Version is included!
To see more about how to get any Geysir version see here.
To see more details about Geysir Features and Geysir Licence Model see this.